The association was created by Mister Maurice Robert under the name of " THE FRIENDS OF CHÂLUS ET ITS REGION ", on December 18th, 1970.
Important dates :
- 1979 : Gabriel FONTANILLE resumes the presidency
- In April 4th, 1980 : Gabriel FONTANILLE, CEO and founder and Maurice Robert, President
- In March 30th, 1984 : constitution of the first office : Roger BOUDRIE, President; Gilbert DESVALOIS, Vice-president; Marc RABY, Secretary and mister . MARIAUD, Treasurer
- In February 9th, 1994 : decision of change of name " HISTORY ASSOCIATION AND ARCHAEOLOGY OF the COUNTRY OF CHÂLUS "
- In July 9th, 1998 : installation in premises given by René EXCOUSSEAU (avenue of 19 Mars 1962)
- In October 13th, 2000 : participation in " Doors Opened to the Departmental archives of the Haute-Vienne " and membership to S.A.H. Limousin
In July, 2001: installation in " the Former Salting MERLE " given by Anne-Laure RÉVEILHAC DE MAULMONT
- In November 29th, 2001: new office : Roger BOUDRIE, President (on 1984 - 2003) ; Louis BELAIR, Vice-president ; Andrée DELAGE, Secretary and Marie-Louise RABY, Treasurer
- 2003 in 2011 : Andrée DELAGE, new President
- 2012 this day : Francis LAROULANDIE, new President and creation of the logo (under the current shape of a blazon)
In June, 2013 : installation in the new places given by the city hall of CHÂLUS (24 National street - the Old stables of the Inn Limousine Trarieux)
In February, 2014 : Naming of this place " ECOMUSEUM OF the COUNTRY OF CHÂLUS "
- In June, 2014 : installation of the statue of the Shepherdess says "Lo Maï Milan", sculptured by Henri Coutheillas and inaugurated on October 21st, 1923
- in August, 2015: creation of the web site of the association